Interested in the practice of management consulting? We assembled our favorite resources to help our members understand and prepare for a challenging career.
- Case in Point by Marc Cosentino : Cosentino demystifies the consulting case interview. He takes you inside a typical interview by exploring the various types of case questions and he shares with you a system that will help you answer today’s most sophisticated case questions.
- Cracked it by Garrette et al.: A step-by-step process and toolkit that will help readers tackle any challenging business problem. Using compelling stories and detailed examples, the authors guide readers through each step in the process: from how to state, structure and then solve problems to how to sell the solutions.
- Case Interview Secrets by Victor Cheng: Victor Cheng, a former McKinsey management consultant, reveals his proven, insider’s method for acing the case interview.
- Vault Guide to the Case Interview by Shatkin et al.: Provides an inside perspective on what recruiters and interviewers expect from candidates as well as the key business frameworks, sample cases, guesstimates, and brainteasers likely to come up in an interview.
Each consulting firm has a slightly different interview process. Find prep advices and practice cases on their websites.
- ATKearney’s Ace the Interview
- Bain’s Interview Prep
- BCG’s Consulting Interview Process & Tips
- Deloitte’s Recruiting Tips
- McKinsey’s Interview Tips
- PwC’s Interview Preparation and Process
Multiple websites offer extensive programs to help prepare for management consulting interviews via a paid subscription. Nonetheless, most of them have free preview to useful content and case samples.
- PrepLounge: A website to find case partners to practice cases, as well as practice drills, such as mental math and stress tests. You will also get a lot of information by some blog posts and access to a lot of cases with graphs and indications.
- CaseCoach: CaseCoach provides a set of courses to help you prepare both fit and case interviews. CaseCoach also provide mental math drills and a platform to meet with fellow aspiring consultant who are also actively preparing for their upcoming interviews.
- Case Interview: Their Preparation Program provides you with free instant access to videos, frameworks, and case interviews.
- MConsultingPrep: Management consulting case prep to effectively prepare for McKinsey PST and case interviews with exclusive self-study guides.
- RocketBlocks: Consulting case interview prep to help you land a consulting job. Interactive drills to help you truly build the skills you’ll need on interview dady.
The McGill Library has compiled a list of ressources to help the competing teams find the data they need to support their business recommandations.
Please note that GMCA and McGill do not endorse any particular websites/services; the listing is for your information only.